You have 5 seconds to tell me what you do and why I should choose you over anyone else.
The solution? Defining your "UVP" or "Ultimate Value Proposition."
Your UVP is a clear statement that describes the benefit of your offer, how you solve your customer's needs and tells the ideal customer why they should buy from you and not from the competition.
It's IMPERATIVE to define your UVP is you want to be impactful in your digital marketing and online presence. This is your elevator pitch. Your moment of glory. The clock is ticking....
Need some inspiration? Here's 10 UVP examples from companies who completely nailed it:
- Lyft: Rides in Minutes. Request a ride and you’ll be on your way in minutes.
- Freshbooks: Small Business Accounting Software Designed For You, The Non Accountant
- Fundly: Raise Money for Anything. Fundly is fast, easy, and has no raise requirements or start up fees.
- DogVacay: Find a Loving Dog Sitter.
- Weebly: The Easiest Way to Make a Website.
- Spotify: Soundtrack your life.
- DeskBeers: Craft Beer, Delivered to Your Office.
- Digit: Save Money, Without Thinking About it.
- Groove: Simple Help Desk Software. Delight your online customers with awesome, personal support.
Think of how many of these, in just seconds- differentiated themselves from an alternative or competitor. Lyft arrives fast - as opposed to taking a taxi. Freshbooks is the alternative to complicated software for those with accounting knowledge. Fundly has no restrictions on what you can raise money for unlike many of the other popular fundraising platforms. Weebly is EASIER than the rest.
who ____________ (statement of the need or opportunity)
our (product/service name) is ____________ (product category)
that (statement of benefit) ____________ .
For non-technical marketers
who struggle to find return on investment in social media
our product is a web-based analytics software that translates engagement metrics into actionable revenue metrics.
Fast Food for Vegetarians
Facebook for dogs.
The Hilton of Air BNBs.
- Short, simple, memorable; what, how, why.
- 3 keywords or phrases
- KISS (no expert jargon)
"Mint.com is the free, easy way to manage your money online."
OKAY - SO ARE YOU READY?
Start by writing down your top 3 competitors or inspirations and researching their positioning and UVP. How can you set yourself apart? Open up a Google doc or an email and start brainstorming your UVP - then head on over to the Marketing Magic 101 official Facebook group and share what you've come up with. Or, if you'd prefer, share in the comments!
I can't wait to see what you've created. Have a magical day! :)